What happens if I am interested in registering for Summer Camp during the COVID-19 pandemic?
During this time, we ask Camden parents to please print all the summer camp documents (links below) and fill out forms completely before sending back to the Snow Bowl. Information on how to submit the registration packet are included on the forms, linked below. Immunization records are required for camp. Simply call your child’s pediatrician’s office and ask them to fax the records directly to the Snow Bowl office. Once all information is received, one of our staff members will give you a call to confirm enrollment, and take payment over the phone if a check is not mailed with the forms.
Your child’s health is very important to us. Therefore we are taking every precaution we can to ensure our summer camps are safe and as germ free as possible.
What the Y is doing
- Requiring kids to wash hands before and after meals and snacks, Along with additional times throughout the day and after every station;
- Cleaning areas kids are in more frequently throughout the day;
- Disinfecting equipment and toys before and after use;
- Limiting direct contact
What you can do
- Talk with your child about washing hands and keeping hands away from mouth, nose and eyes, not sharing food and beverages.
- Do not bring your child to camp if they have a fever.
- Do not bring your child back to camp until they have been fever free, without medication, for 72 hours.
- Remind your child that the Y is safe and to have fun!
Summer Camp at the Snow Bowl
Day Camp is one of the best ways for kids to spend their summer, learning new skills, playing fun games, and making and strengthening friendships. In partnership with the Penobscot Bay YMCA, kids ages 7-13 have two camps to choose from: Snow Bowl Camp and Adventure Camp. Both camps offer a full day’s worth of outdoor activities, including Field games, swimming and boating, crafts, hiking, and more!
For six weeks Camden residents can sign up their children to attend camp at reduced/subsidized rates. Camden residents register campers through Camden Parks and Recreation at the Snow Bowl, while all families in other towns must register through the Penobscot Bay YMCA. Rates are different for Camden residents and non-residents, due to the fact that the Snow Bowl is town-owned and town-operated.
Registration for camp is open now – see below for forms.
We look forward to another great summer of camp for kids in 2020!
The Camden Snow Bowl has once again partnered with the Penobscot Area YMCA to provide Camden residents the opportunity to sign up their 1st-7th grade children for six weeks of camp at a subsidized rate.
Snow Bowl Camp, for children ages 7-10 years old, and Adventure Camp, ages 11-13 years old, are both presented by the YMCA. These two camps, as well as Discovery Camp, begin and end at the Snow Bowl. Registration for Camden residents for camp weeks July 6-Aug. 14, is through the Camden Snow Bowl.
See the links below for the forms, calendar and additional information. For additional resources, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Snow Bowl staff are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• 2020 Summer Camp Registration Form Packet (Camden residents only; all other residents register through Penobscot Bay YMCA)
• 2020 Summer Camp Descriptions