Friday Night Racing is open to kids, adults, families, local businesses and organizations
Friday night Racing is a super fun way to spend Friday nights at the Snow Bowl.
2020 Racing continues on the following dates:
Feb. 28 and March 6
TEAMS can be built in the following four categories:
• Family Team (must have at least 50/50 ratio of kids to adults per team)
• Kids Team (U8-U12)
• Adult Co-Ed (U21 to old geezers)
NOTE: If you don’t have a team, sign up with the singles link and we’ll group you together with other folks.
- U14s (age 12 and up) race in the adult team category and not until 6 p.m.
- Teams may not have names too similar to other teams.
- Each racer may only race on one team
- A penalty will be applied to teams not racing four team members
- Aprés ski will be at the mountain
- Top four racers from each team score points (high schoolers score points individually)
- Penalty applied for not having at least four racers show up. (Slowest racer of the night’s race plus 25% of the total racer’s in category)
- If a racer is disqualified, they are scored the last-place finishers’ points +1
- The lowest cumulative points acquired per team over the season wins.
- Best six of seven races count toward final standings
- The 5th place team member displaces other racers but doesn’t score points. So if they race and the other four are faster, they don’t score. Not scoring the 5th place person keeps the current scoring system simple.
- Racing is from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Two runs per person
- 5:30-6 p.m. — Kids and Family teams run
- 6-7 p.m. — Adults, Co-Ed and U16-U19 teams run
WANT TO SKI FASTER?:
Would you like to stay sharp in the gates, or turbocharge your skiing experience with competition techniques? Join us for a high-performance Masters skiing course on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Wednesday nights will be drills and gates. Saturday mornings we’ll board the lift at 8:45 for exclusive first tracks with our coaches, directed free skiing and drills.
Eight weeks : Jan. 4- Feb. 29, Saturdays 8:45-11 a.m., Wednesdays 6-7:30 p.m. – $175
FMI: email Competition Program Director Mike White, firstname.lastname@example.org.