2020-2021 Youth Development and Competitive Programs
Hello CSB Racers and welcome to the 2020-21 ski season. After a rather abrupt and unceremonious end to last year’s operations, I know we’re all looking forward to being back on the snow at our favorite, local mountain!
Of course, things are going to be a little different, so please review this note and our program descriptions carefully as there have been some changes.
The Ski Area Association and the State of Maine have developed guidelines to keep us all safe this season which have been incorporated into our mountain’s plan. In addition to these guidelines, we’ve made some considerations for the racing program:
- The lodge and training center are closed to athletes. All gear must be transported to and from the mountain daily.
- Because of this, many parents may decide to use their vehicles for warming up and changing. There is no overnight parking allowed.
- Portable toilets are at several locations around the base area.
- Read the Race Program Descriptions carefully! In many cases, program times, meeting days, pricing and program length have been changed to minimize the number of racers/coaches on the hill and minimize overlap between programs and the public.
- At this point, we have decided to hold none of our typical Race Events (Family Fun, Seacoast Classic, High School, etc.) This decision may be revisited later.
- We are considering options to safely run a “locals only” Friday Night Racing-type of series. Stay tuned.
- And one of the biggest changes is that we will be capping participation to 10 racers/coach. Once we hit that capacity, you will be placed on a waitlist while we search for additional coaching resources. Currently, that looks like this:
- U8 – Capped at 20 racers
- U10 – Capped at 20 racers
- U12 – Capped at 20 racers
- U14 – Capped at 20 racers
- Freestyle – Capped at 20 racers
- Masters – Capped at 20 racers
- Program registration and payment will be online only this year.
- A separate Competition Program Waiver must be completed for every racer and is also located online.
- Competition Programs Waiver
In response to the current COVID situation, we will be limiting program participation to 10 racers per coach. Registration will open for all programs capped at a total of 20 racers per program (i.e., U8- 20 total racers, U10 – 20 total racers, etc.) The 21st racer in each age group will be placed on a waitlist and we will update you once we’ve found additional coaching resources. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. — Michael White – Competition Director
The Town of Camden Select Board, mountain staff and your coaches have been working very hard to bring you the best season possible under some of the toughest constraints we’ve ever seen and we’re asking your patience as we work to navigate these times. While it’s not something any of us want to do, it is likely that adjustments will have to happen along the way to remain open and in compliance with State and Local guidance.
Thank you all for doing your part to not only stay safe this season but doing so while remaining active and outside at our lovely and local Camden Snow Bowl!