The Camden Snow Bowl will host the 5th Annual Cardboard Box Derby on Sunday, March 12. This is a very popular event for racers and spectators alike, and fun for all ages. The homemade creations are colorful, imaginative, fun and functional. Registration will be from 8:30 am – 10:30 am Sunday, and the race will start at 11. Prizes will be awarded for the Fastest Box (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), Most in a Box, Most Creative, and Best Costumes. The cost to register a box car is $25. PLEASE NOTE: All participants under 18 must have a signed waiver from a parent. If you will be traveling with another family, please download this form: 2017 Assumption of Risk.
* Vehicles may be constructed only with cardboard, paint, tape, glue, plastic ties, rope or twine.
* The sliding surface must be EITHER uncoated cardboar or cardboard covered with tape.
* No other substance may be on the sliding surface other than what is listed above – wax will not be permitted as it comes off on the track.
* Wood, plastic, or metal may be used for decorations, but decorations must not pose a hazard to participants or spectators.
* Preexisting metal staples in cardboard must be covered on BOTH SIDES with tape.
* ALL BOXES MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES AFTER THE RACE OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED $100!!
* Vehicles will be inspected before your run, and the judges’ decisions will be final.
* Participants must be able to push or pull their vehicle to the top of the track.
* All team members must be together at the registration table to register your team!
REMEMBER TO ARRIVE EARLY TO GET ORGANIZED and DON’T FORGET THE WAIVERS!